Monday, February 8, 2010

Creating an oil painting over a latex wall paint base?

I'm getting ready to start a painting and I'm thinking about cheating. The whole background will be light blue with a flower in the middle. Can I just roll on a latex wall paint? Then let that dry and then paint the flower and details in Oil over it?





It's going to be so big that I don't want to mix the color myself and try to get it on evenly in oil...Creating an oil painting over a latex wall paint base?
Yes an oil based paint can be applied over a latex. But not latex over oils.Creating an oil painting over a latex wall paint base?
You certainly can. I was a faux finisher for many years and we routinely painted oils over latex primed walls. There is a rule of thumb you should know called ';fat over lean';. This means, basically that oily paints (';fat';)can go over non-oily (';lean';) paints. HOWEVER, never use lean-in this case latex- over fat,i.e. oily
  • windows live
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment