Saturday, February 27, 2010

Do I have a real paul detlefsen painting on my living room wall?

It has a brass plate attached to the middle of the from at the bottom which says. ';Old Mill Stream'; and the name P. Detlefsen are inscribed. The signature in the lower right corner has a red P and the rest of the letters in his first and last name are in a green.





It shows a little girl holding flowers watching a little boy to her right skipping rocks across the stream towards the old mill.Do I have a real paul detlefsen painting on my living room wall?
The answer is 'probably', unless it is a good print of a known painting. I'm sorry but I don't know him, other than his name does come up here from time to time. The best thing is to take the painting to a dealer or an art auctioneer to have a look. There are loads of sites selling his work, or prints, if you google. You could try looking at some of them to see if there are similarities with your work.Do I have a real paul detlefsen painting on my living room wall?
Good for you - I saw something similar on an auction programme yesterday on UK tv, and the person had paid 50p (about $1) 30 years ago, and the picture sold for 拢35,000 ($70,000). Fingers crossed for you.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment