Thursday, February 25, 2010

How soon after painting stripes on a wall should you remove the masking tape?

as quickly as you can before the paint dries. or the paint will tear when you remove the tape.How soon after painting stripes on a wall should you remove the masking tape?
Mark H is right, peel it off before the paint dries or you will peel the paing off too.How soon after painting stripes on a wall should you remove the masking tape?
as soo the paint is almost dry yet flexible
after paint dried i think?
By the time you have read this it is time to remove the tape.....
As soon as possible after the paint dries.
When I did this, I waited to long and when I peeled the tape off, I peeled the paint off too. I waited until it was dry, bad idea. Take it off while it is still wet.
As soon as you have painted the stripe, remove the tape carefully. Do not leave it till it goes tacky or dry as the wet paint may seep under the masking tape if left for too long.
When the paint is still wet, i.e. immediately after you paint the stripe on, take the tape off. And use blue painter's tape, not masking tape. The painter's tape is low-tack and easier to remove than masking tape.
I was buying paint at Lowe's when someone asked the same question. The manager said to start removing the tape before the paint is dried. If you leave it till when it is dry you run the risk of actually peeling the paint off the walls as well. I would wait till it is touch dry and then start removing.





I painted purple and pink stripes in my little girls' room. I believe this to be correct. We left the paint to dry for a day and some paint came up with the tape. I wish I had known that before!

No comments:

Post a Comment