Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What do I do to prepare for Painting our Interior Wall? What Materials do I need?

What preparations do I need to do before painting? What Materials do I need? Can you help me come out with a list?What do I do to prepare for Painting our Interior Wall? What Materials do I need?
Paint, Painter's tape, rollers, extra rollers, small to medium sized brush, cheap/old bed sheets for drop-cloths (try Goodwill or something similar).





Most of this can be found at Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, or a local paint/hardware shop.





Most interior paint is latex and brushes can be cleaned with soap and warm water. Wash your brushes out!!!What do I do to prepare for Painting our Interior Wall? What Materials do I need?
If it's new drywall, you'll have to seal it prior to painting it.


If it has older paint on it with stains or tobacco smoke, you will have to use Kilz, maybe a couple of coats, to cover that stuff first.


1. drop cloths to keep the paint off the floors.


2. painters tape to tape off the woodworn, registers,


3. screwdriver to remove all light switches and sockets.


4. plaster to fill in any holes


5. sandpaper, rough %26amp; fine, to sand down the plaster


6. flat paint brush for areas at ceiling and corners of walls


7. Sash brush to paint around woodwork, windows, etc


8. roller and smooth textured sleeves to paint walls


9. paint tray and several liners to keep tray clean


That's all I can think of. Good luck with your project
You may also need an undercoat if you painting glossed surfaces (doors etc) esp if they are painted in a dark colour. Get good quality brushes cheap ones shed and make a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment