Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am think of painting something on my wall above my bed. Does anyone have any ideas?

I want to use a decal thingy but, I woule like to either make one myself or print one of the internet. I have asian themed bedroom, and I want a decal with a tree or a pretty vine thingy. I will be painting it in black. I want something pretty because it will be going over my bed.I am think of painting something on my wall above my bed. Does anyone have any ideas?
I think it would be cool if you painted some asian blooms or bamboo shoots with japanese or chinese writing on them. You could use words like love, peace, hormony, friendship, and kindness. you could even put an asian dragon wrapping around the blooms and the words. I know you can find dragon decals on ebay and other online sights. I hope you like my idea.I am think of painting something on my wall above my bed. Does anyone have any ideas?
A SWAGGED LINE MADE WITH PERMANENT PAINT STICK SINCE YOURE GOING ON BLACK....THEN DRAW LEAVES AND THINGS AND PAINT ANOTHER COLOR.....
L O V E , just the words themselves, decerated in vine and grape leafs
A sky
moon, sun, stars or even your favorite celebrity if you can paint well enogh!
Put some stars on there too.
Have your favourite quote (or one that is inspiring) translated and written in chinese =)





Could be pretty neat





Best of luck
using your ideas of tree and or a vine - I would paint a white picket fence as the 'headboard' and then fill in with the plants and or silhouette by using the black for the plants.
Paint the wall with a blue sky and big puffy white clouds and then use some clear glow in the dark paint to makes some stars. So you'll have something for the night and day for your wall.


You can add things like a forest or vines coming up into the sky..but the sky will put a foundation down for you to get started with anything else you may want.


I do murals, and this is the first one going up when I get a house.
A nice graphic design, modern...the olive pattern or the TV pattern. Or maybe a branch with cherry blossoms, or a cool pin-up girl...or, if that seems too much use a can of flat paint and a can of high gloss paint and create a subtle design.
You could do a tree (as you suggested) and then put a landscape (mountains, a temple, a river, whatever you want) in the background. You definetely have the possiblity to make an artistic statement with your painting and room.
An angel to watch over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment