Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How can I motivate myself to get cleaning? We are in the process of painting our den, wall by wall because?

we have so much stuff in the room. I need to clean it out, but everytime I walk in the room I turn around and walk out. Or worse yet, I sit at this computer and write to you, whoever you are. How can I get motivated?????How can I motivate myself to get cleaning? We are in the process of painting our den, wall by wall because?
I asked the Lord to tell me


%26gt;%26gt; Why my house is such a mess.


%26gt;%26gt; He asked if I'd been 'putering',


%26gt;%26gt; And I had to answer 'yes'.


%26gt;%26gt;


%26gt;%26gt; He told me to get off my fanny


%26gt;%26gt; And tidy up the house.


%26gt;%26gt; And so I started cleaning up...


%26gt;%26gt; The smudges off my mouse.


%26gt;%26gt;


%26gt;%26gt; I wiped and shined the topside


%26gt;%26gt; That really did the trick.


%26gt;%26gt; I was just admiring my work...


%26gt;%26gt; I didn't mean to 'click.'


%26gt;%26gt;


%26gt;%26gt; But click, I did, and oops I found


%26gt;%26gt; A real absorbing site


%26gt;%26gt; That I got SO way into...


%26gt;%26gt; I was into it all night.


%26gt;%26gt;


%26gt;%26gt; Nothing's changed except my mouse


%26gt;%26gt; It's very, very shiney.


%26gt;%26gt; I guess my house will stay a mess...


%26gt;%26gt; While I sit here on my hiney.How can I motivate myself to get cleaning? We are in the process of painting our den, wall by wall because?
You (apparently) aren't motivated to get moving, so I would suggest 1-go purchase the appropriate ';organizing'; tools that you need (file system for papers, boxes/bins for keepsakes). 2- Get a yard trash bin and start throwing things away! If you have THAT much stuff in a room and you constantly leave it, chances are, there are things you don't need! (You could donate items for the tax-deduction as well!) Then, 3-Either turn on your favorite CD and get moving or 4-Hire the neighbor kid while you play director, sitting on your rolling chair flashing the $50/100 bill (how bad do you want it done?!) while sipping your latte/coffee/oj/whiskey!
Reward yourself for the job. I get the same way at times. it can be overwhelming.


rent a movie and get your favorite snack out. then empty the room. take everything out. clean the room.. (Mop the floor and dust the furnature) have a trash bag, a box for donations and a box that will go back in the room. Start seperating the crap. put the stuff you're keeping back in the room, put the box of stuff for donations in the car so you can drop it off at the homeless shelter or whatever next time you're out, and take the box of trash to the dumpster. now go watch your movie and enjoy your snacks!


You can use whatever turns you on. I have a friend who pays herself for a big cleaning job like that. She gets to go shopping for something nice for the room she cleaned or maybe a new pair of shoes. A CD of her favorite tunes. Use what will work for you.


The other way to do it is to set aside a block of time every day for however many days you think you'll need to get the job done. 30 minutes of cleaning twice a day. set the timer and stop when it goes off. This is easier sometimes so you don't feel like you're in the room cleaning by yourself for hours at a time.


Turn the music up and have fun!
Get off your butt and just do it.
There are a lot of great answers and really cute poems but the surefire way to motivate yourself is to turn off the phone and computer and just start sorting everything out and tell yourself it will end. The trash man might swear when he see's you've rid yourself of the kitchen sink, but you will be able to move around without piles staring at you.





Turn on the good music, stuff to dance by, and get going:) Good luck!
After I moved last time I did a phase cleaning. I went into the room, put into a pile everything I knew I could get rid of and just tossed it. This gave me a little space. Then in small increments I started sorting and putting things away. I then did a second phase of tossing. I put everything in a pile that I hadn't used in forever and just tossed it, and so on and so on. Finally There was room to work around and I could see results. That kept me motivated.





The key is getting rid of the junk you keep around that you never use. You may think you will miss it or need it one day, but I can't tell you one thing that I got rid of. Long gone and forgotten!
take a nap. make some coffee. put on some music that you would dance to. do not sit down! take everything out of the room (put it in the hall... where ever you can fit it and still walk by) slowly put back the things that ';need'; to be in that room (things that would be in the way of painting just put in the middle of the floor). either toss out the rest, put it in boxes for storage or a yardsale, what ever you do... dont put it back in that room! the less stuff you have the easier it is to clean and put things away. if you havnt touched it in a year, why keep it around?





I am very very very ocd. he he.
Get off the computer, first of all.





Just do it. You know when you want to jump into a swimming pool, but you are so worried about how cold it will be? Well sometimes you just gotta jump in and get it done. Don't be like those girls who walk through the pool with their hands up saying, ';It's freeeeeeeeeezing!'; and then yell at all the kids who are trying to splash you. Cause right now, I'm the kid who wants to splash you. So you'll get off your *** and clean your room!





-tough love approach. :-)
I know how overwhelming it can be...the best way is to take a day you have woken up feeling rested and dedicate that day, shut off your computer, phone ringer, and TV...you need no distractions...put your mind in the state that ...';I'M GOING TO GET THIS ACCOMPLISHED TODAY';!!! Then crank your tunes to your favorite music, pull up your sleeves, tie your hair back...go to town and have fun...you'll feel great once your done!


Motivate yourself - Tell yourself you will treat yourself to something special you enjoy, but only once you complete the room.





Word of advice: Do it without the help of company...you'll be distracted by talking, this is a job better done alone.


Hope this helped motivate you!


Cheers, and happy house cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment