Thursday, February 25, 2010

Need some help with painting my bedroom wall??

Hello all,


I want to paint my bedroom wall, but i dont want it boring and plan. I want one wall to be like a peice of art or something different. I want some websites to look at for ideas and inspiration or something. Any help would be great :)


Thanks.Need some help with painting my bedroom wall??
I took pictures inside the Merrimack Caves, it was so beautiful with all the colored stalactites/stalagmites.


I downloaded the pics on to my computer and then printed one on to clear transparency film, (at Staples 20 sheets $11) rented an overhead projector ($12 for 3 hrs.) set it up in my room and displayed the image on one entire wall, turned out the lights and traced it. I colored it in with paint and chalk, it turned out so awesome.Need some help with painting my bedroom wall??
My 18yo daughter recently painted her room a deep lavender blue, and for the feature wall, she painted the wall white, then splatter painted the entire wall, with colours matching the cushions on her bed - aqua, orange, purple, lemon and the lavender blue on the other walls.


She framed the entire wall with a timber surround painted in white...and it looks fantastic - like a huge piece of modern art!.


The room looks fresh, modern and artistic.
wallpaper shops would be the best place to find something different from plain paint or plain wallpaper they have some great wall murals of (my favourite) is tigers they are perfect and coming down a track to the water it makes you feel you are on safari


you may find things on How to on austar or foxtel or have a plain coloured wall and hang some pictures on it or have a wall rug or even one of those animals on a blanket and as the price is cheap you can have a few and have them on the bed one week and the wall the next


Why not try some mural of your own ideas you can always cover it when you are fed up with it I saw on that wa a large print and it looked like a window in the wall with some startling views have a look at wallhangings.com or wall paintig.com go searching
What about instead of painting it getting wallpaper that makes a picture?


There are loads of places out there, try http://www.wallpapermurals.co.uk/?src=go鈥?/a> for one example
http://www.paintquality.com/diy/content/鈥?/a>


Lots of cool ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment