Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I get rid of ruff, gloopy, uneven painting on the wall?

I painted my walls too thickly and since it was humid, paint came dripping down from everywhere. It now look uneven and rough. I know that if i don't do something to fix it, I will go crazy, but I even tried to spackle parts of it and that didn't help...sanding didn't do much either...maybe I'm using the wrong tools, but I'm stuck and I don't know what to do! plus since the paint has a higher gloss, the uneveness is even more visible...ughhhhHow do I get rid of ruff, gloopy, uneven painting on the wall?
use a block of wood cut sandpaper to fit wood sand use a lower number sandpaper than you are usingHow do I get rid of ruff, gloopy, uneven painting on the wall?
sounds like you have created alot of work..this is what I would do. Sanding will take too much effort, scraping will only create even more work, I would skim coat all the walls with a drywall compound to fill and even out the spots. this will also need to be sanded, but still not as trying to sand dried paint. After sanding, I would then prime with a PVA primer(for new or highly patched areas), and then paint with a less sheen. Make sure that you use a better than average roller sleeve, and a better than average paint. What I mean is spend what you can afford, but don't go completely cheap. good luck.
I too had the same prob when I painted my bathroom a few months ago. I rushed the job a little and ended up with drips and some globs. The only thing that fixed it was sanding. I only worried about those spots which you could see from the toilet, sink or tub. Sand it down with fine sandpaper till it feels smooth when you rub your hand acrossed it. Then repaint after you remove the dust and debris from the sanding. Good luck!
you could try to use some white spirit to thin it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment