Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Techniques for painting over textured wall?

My bathroom walls have been textured with drywall mud to look like Venetian Plaster, and I'm trying to paint over them now. I've primed and done a white base coat, but am trying to rag on a blue and having problems with uniformity. Any ideas? I'm wondering if I should just stop with the rags and go for the brush only. If anyone has had experience with this kind of painting, I'd love the feedback.Techniques for painting over textured wall?
we had the same problem - we had to buy the super thick (super expensive) rollers from home depot and they still would get torn up after just a little bit of rolling, but will eventually get it done after several coats. Buy at least 2 rollers to do your bathroom unless it's really big then go ahead and get 3. The brush was too hard and way too time consuming. But if all else fails....
  • private myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment