Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is it true that you should base a wall with grey before painting it red?

Use black paint instead. Then red goes on with 1 coat.....my husband and I do this for a living so I know from experience... Good Luck :)Is it true that you should base a wall with grey before painting it red?
this is what the man at Sherwin Williams told me when I painted the trim in my kitchen red. It still took two coats to get full coverage even with the primer.





Then when I painted an accent wall in my bedroom red, I first painted all four walls the main mauve color, no primer, and then two coats of the red on the feature. So it was the same amount of work both times.





If the wall that you're painting already has a color on it - not just white - then you should be ok to go without a primer.Is it true that you should base a wall with grey before painting it red?
That is exactly what my painter and the ';experts'; in the home depot painting department told me. I did it in the library but not on the family room ceiling where I was doing a faux leather treatment. I only used 2 coats of red in the library as opposed to 5 coats on the family room ceiling.
It may be true but I have been in the construction field for over 30 years and have never heard that before..If your job is large enough I would tint the primer as close to the red you are using as possible (assuming that you need a primer)If not,just use a good quality paint.
  • private myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment