Thursday, February 25, 2010

How can I attach a painting or frame to my bedroom wall without putting a nail on my wall?

Any other suggestions? I'm thinking of of them adhesive hooks but I don't know what you call it.How can I attach a painting or frame to my bedroom wall without putting a nail on my wall?
3M hooks work very well if you follow the directions. Make sure you get the right size hook for the job. I used 3M hooks


in an apartment for 2 and a half years that did NOT come off until I took them off. That includes the steamy bathroom.


Use rubbing alcohol to clean the spot before you start, and follow directions. I watched people just slap up poster tapes and posters without doing the rubbing alcohol step, and they were down before 12 hours went by.How can I attach a painting or frame to my bedroom wall without putting a nail on my wall?
They can dry out and fall down. If you are talking dry wall, most walls are. The only practical way is by nail. But if it is dry wall the hole is very easy to repair with Spackle and paint.
Get a tube of NO MORE NAILS by Le Page at a hardware store. It looks like caulking. I have attached a shelve to the wall and an under cabinet light with a few globs of the stuff. Works great.
Here's a link. They really work great. Good luck!
These are good. They just make a tiny hole which you can barely see. qvc.com/qsearch/search.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment