Saturday, February 27, 2010

When painting my wall on a second coat it started bubbling up why ????lowes paint satin latex?

painted latex over enamel or oil paintWhen painting my wall on a second coat it started bubbling up why ????lowes paint satin latex?
yeah. you probably painted a water-based paint over an oil-based paint. my suggestion sand down any areas that have bubbled. wash the entire wall with liquid sander (follow the instructions carefully). then prime the wall with any quality paint primer/sealer. by then you should be able to paint anything you want without any further problems.





hope this helps. without seeing the wall or knowing more specific info this is my best answer.When painting my wall on a second coat it started bubbling up why ????lowes paint satin latex?
I've been doing this a long time and don't want to offend other answers.





First of all you didn't state the finish on the wall prior to this painting. If it had been an oil base paint under you would have seen signs immediately in the first coat.





You also don't explain the bubbling,,, and I wonder, was the paint shaken or stirred so recently before the second coat that it was still full of air bublles,,,OR your applicator...IE: Roller was an incorrect nap';? Normal, small air bubbles often appear, pop, and can be gently rolled in,





How long did you wait to apply the second coat?





If in fact these aren't strictly Bubbles, then possibly the wall was dirty? AS in film from cooking, nicotine, etc.





Finally,,,and no real dig at Lowes, but I never buy a store brand paint,,,maybe silly, but I have my preferences.





Rev. Steven
didnt wait long enough or didnt take of old wallpaper
Prob had oil based paint on the wall. You have to prime with an oil-based primer before you put the latex coat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment