Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rules for painting an accent wall?

I have a medium sized bathroom, can I paint just one wall or will that not look right?Rules for painting an accent wall?
Here are some pics of bathrooms that have a feature wall..http://www.newyorkgeneralcontractor.com/鈥?/a> they all look like pretty large bathrooms. I agree with what some one else said.. if it is a smallish bathroom I would really stick with light colours and no feature. I renovated a small bathroom and it was tiny.. I just stuck with white tiles and walls and the creation of a new large window to let lots of light in :)Rules for painting an accent wall?
If your bathroom is on the smaller side of medium, I wouldn't paint an accent wall, as it can create a tension effect - where the stronger color fights with the other color. Accent colors work best in large spaces where the walls are quite far apart. I'd choose a color you really like, and paint your whole space with that. Accent walls are on the way out anyway.
That depends on what colour your other walls are.


I'm guessing they're white?


I think it would be okay to have an accent wall.


Just make sure the colour matches your tiles,


For example if your tiles are a light blue colour, your accent wall should be maybe around the same colour. Or you could match the blue tiles with a light shade of brown.
Buy a small sample size of the color you like %26amp; put a few strokes of it on. Live with it a few days. If you like it, then do it! If not, try another color. That way you're not going through ALL the work if you decide you don't like it.
It's fine it add an accent to the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment