Saturday, February 27, 2010

If I'm painting an off-white wall white, do I need a coat of primer, or can I just do two coats of the white?

I also need to it to cover a five inch hole that was filled with drywall spackle--will the two coats of white keep discoloration from showing, or is primer different enough from white paint that it would affect the outcome in this situation? I'm mainly concerned with covering the spackle.If I'm painting an off-white wall white, do I need a coat of primer, or can I just do two coats of the white?
Use the primer over the whole wall place a coat of regular paint on the patch first . Then one coat should be adequate to do a favorable job.If I'm painting an off-white wall white, do I need a coat of primer, or can I just do two coats of the white?
When you Spackle you need to primer because if not the paint will peel or even later in time have little bitty breather holes, also the primer will help the paint preserve it self longer and have a better resistance for normal wear and tear....
Definitely use the primer first, especially if your wall is a darker color to begin with. I would still use two coats of paint though whether or not you spackled and primed.
your better off adding a coat of primer your paint will take better in the long run you will be glad you used the primer.
Use the primer first. The paint will cover and stick better.

No comments:

Post a Comment