Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm painting a dark blue wood plank wall white. Do I need to use a primer? What color should the primer be?

Wood plank wall is already painted dark blue. I am going to paint it white but want to know if I need to prime the wall first? If so, what color should the primer be?I'm painting a dark blue wood plank wall white. Do I need to use a primer? What color should the primer be?
Use a white primerI'm painting a dark blue wood plank wall white. Do I need to use a primer? What color should the primer be?
absolutely use a light colored primer. try a local paint shop or Home Depot and they can usually custom-mix color you pick out.
try Killz water based primer, low odor, easy to use, it is white.
I think all painters will recommend it yes. A light color primer would be the best. Make sure it's dry before you cover over it. Sometimes primers require 2 coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment