Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do i paint a straight line when painting a feature wall ?

I have finally found a way to do this without tape. The tape always took off some of the paint when it was removed or inevitably there was paint seepage under the tape. Ugh !!





First, I slightly over paint one color onto the adjacent wall by about 1/8th of an inch. Then, after that dries, I use another color applied with a painting pad that has little wheels on one side. I load the pad up with paint, as not to get any paint on the wheels. By allowing the wheels to glide down the corner of the previously painted wall, the feature wall paint leaves a straight line on the entire Length of the wall. I wish I had found this product sooner !!!How do i paint a straight line when painting a feature wall ?
Measure from the bottom up to where you want the line or side to side if it is vertical that you want. make small pencil marks till you have done the whole wall then place masking tape along the line and paint just over the tape when painting the wall. Voila!How do i paint a straight line when painting a feature wall ?
I painter stripes on my headboard wall in my bedroom and I used a simple, but large level and a pencil after I made the lines I used the blue masking tape to mark it off, and it worked out great.
You'll have to measure it off at the top and bottom, mark it and then tape it with masking or paint tape. Once the paint dries then you can pull the tape off.
Use a chalk line. Then apply masking tape along your chalk line to make certain.
Measuring, but if the wall are off then so will your line. Use a level or a laser level. Have Fun!!! Roxanne
Use masking tap
Yes, use masking tape
use a long strait peace of wood or measure

No comments:

Post a Comment