Saturday, February 27, 2010

I need opinions on painting bathroom dark, bold color or with accent wall?

I am planning on painting my two bathrooms. One bathroom which is a half bath I'm thinking of painting 3 walls a dark red color then the 4th wall with horizontal stripes in the center red, black, and gray. The second bathroom I'm thinking of painting the two longest walls a navy blue, and the two shorter walls a dark beige. So my question is do you think this will come out okay, or should I stay away from dark colors in the bathroom?I need opinions on painting bathroom dark, bold color or with accent wall?
take some pictures and go to www.hgtv.com rate my space. People will give you really good advise, they wont ask you id you are depressed. I have all of my renovations there and it is really nice how people will react to what you have done or what you will be doing.There is nothing wrong with having different taste than most. Always remember dark paint will make room look smaller, but if you do an accent wall, it can look amazing. GOOD LUCK!!I need opinions on painting bathroom dark, bold color or with accent wall?
Given most bathroom lights have dim shades and don't have very large diameters (most of them focus on the mirror region), I don't think there would be too much problems with dark colors. The lighting is what generally sets the mood of the bathroom. Dark colors tend to work with dim lighting. I'm not too sure about horizontal stripes. I think solid coloring throughout, in addition to dim lighting, generally gives a bathroom a classier and calming mood. For example, by bathroom has dark beige walls with dim lighting. It's very relaxing.
that would be horrific, interior design is all a matter of personal style and taste so if thats what you want to do , go on and do it but dont expect anyone else to like it as believe me it sounds like a nightmare! if you decide to sell your house you will also have a lot of trouble as bold personal style puts people off. I think you should maybe get some advice from a diy or home decor store as your idea is really bad......sorry!
choosing colours is something u must like...but in my opinion shoosing colours which can make u feel comfort in the bathroom is better.colours like violet,blue alizarine,prussian blue,or even green with a little blue in it.for having more energy u can have some taches of different orange,yellow or even red .good luck.
It depends on the size of the rooms. Smaller rooms will feel like a small, dark cave if done with dark colors. Generally speaking, the lighter the color, the more spacious it will feel. You could do a light color on three walls and do a darker accent color or pattern to open up the room a bit.
u should go for light colours with perhaps a picture wall. In winter the bathroom will be dark and drab. I like my bathroom. Its vey important it looks amazing, clean lines and always inviting.
its best to paint d bathrooms a light colour because:


1~ it looks good


2~ it brightens up the bathroom


after that its your opinion girl,
Should be light colours. Are you depressed?
i think try it if u like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment