Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do you think painting the long wall in my living room will look okay?

I have a rowhouse so my living room/dining room is a big rectangle and there are large windows on the short ends of the rectangle. As you walk into the room, you face a long wall with my sofa. There are no windows, etc.--just a long expanse of wall. Everything is painted an off white ';pearl'; color, white woodwork, and medium brown wood floors with a patterned area rug in dark blue, gold, cream, and green. I was thinking of painting the sofa wall taupe, tan, golden tan--Do you think it will open up the room or will it make it look like a tunnel? The couch is a medium brown microsuede called ';peat';. A lot of my artwork has white backgrounds and they are just lost on the off white walls. Please give me your opinions!Do you think painting the long wall in my living room will look okay?
It sounds like you've got enough golds %26amp; tans goin' on. Plus, those colors say nothing. White says nothing too. Why don't you brighten up your place with perhaps a bright, pretty, blue. Your artwork will stand out more, I promise. I'm an artist, and that's what we have. I wouldn't go dark. It'll close you in. A pretty sesafoam green is another thought. Yellows, beiges, tans, cremes - nowhere land. Pick a color YOU ENJOY, be creative, %26amp; have fun!Do you think painting the long wall in my living room will look okay?
I think that would look awesome, just make sure you pick the right color to paint it with, steer clear of any type of yellow which will make it look dim and maybe feel like you are in a tunnel, maybe like a really cool burgundy or some type of dark red..? but I do think this is a great idea, one of my friends at her house in each room one wall is painted a diff color than the rest and it is awesome! Good Luck :-)
so you're gonna divide the long wall into 3 sections with 3 different colors and hang 3 pieces of art on each section?? that sounds COOL!!





i think doing that WILL do wonders to avoid the tunnel look. nice

No comments:

Post a Comment