Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Painting the wall across from my window?

anyone know a calming cozy color that wont make the room look smaller and will go with anything i have normal colors in my room like brown and black but i dont want a boring color on my wall








tyvm!Painting the wall across from my window?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think it would look great if you paint it a light violet like ';insightful rose'; (# 6023).





You can also take a photo of your room %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.Painting the wall across from my window?
Lilac is a perfect color in a bedroom. Very calming and relaxing. Goes great with brown, beige, and black. Get a few paint chips (or samples if they allow it) at your local hardware store. Try the colors together on your wall. Literally staple the chips to your wall and see if you like them. I did my whole room in purples with one wall sponged/textured in two different tones. I used ';Halloween'; lights at night under my bed - it was gorgeous!
I would suggest either a lighter shade of blue or else a sage green. Both will coordinate with brown and black and both are relaxing/calming colors. Good luck!!!
  • windows live
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment