Sunday, February 21, 2010

Interior wall painting-texture and color?

I'm painting my living room, we have textured walls. My question is which will bring out the texture more, light or dark colors?Interior wall painting-texture and color?
Light colors....Texture is perceived by the shadows of the surface...If it's a dark color...the contrast is harder to perceive. You can try with 2 colors and paint a 2 ft x 2 ft almost side by side...and you'll seeInterior wall painting-texture and color?
Light colors, I think. And I think a flat finish is suggested in living rooms, not sure on that though.
good answer gaston, i was gonna say the same thing as we are painting the interior of the house now.
light colors will work but how about accenting one wall with a differant colo it will make the room look larger.and go for a eggshell or satin finish so you can wash dirt off if you need to

No comments:

Post a Comment