Monday, February 8, 2010

Need to paint wall behind stove, how do I get rid of oil splatter before painting?

how do you get rid of oil splatter on kitchen walls?Need to paint wall behind stove, how do I get rid of oil splatter before painting?
Use either Kilz Original or Zinsser B-I-N. They are shellac based primers, and will cover anything. Make sure you have adequate ventilation, and use denatured alcohol for cleanup. I've used this to paint Z-brick behind a stove, and the finish paint covered in one coat over the B-I-N. Hope this helps.....Need to paint wall behind stove, how do I get rid of oil splatter before painting?
Mix ammonia and water, half and half, in a spray bottle.


Spray and wipe walls. Repeat if necessary. Open windows!


Ammonia has a strong smell but it disappears as soon as it dries.
The best degreaser is TSP. It is a bit caustic so you need to protect your hands and eyes but it will do the job better than any of the milder brands suggested so far.
If you are going to paint anyway, just take a cloth with paint thinner or mineral spirits to clean the walls. Good luck.
mr clean, mr clean
warm soapy water then Mr clean magic eraser
I really like orange glo or 409.
try some tsp follow directions then stain kill or primer
I'd clean with Pine Sol, then give a coat of Kilz primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment