Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm painting a bedroom.. but want to paint one wall a different color?

how do you decide which wall should be painted the other color?I'm painting a bedroom.. but want to paint one wall a different color?
the wall that is not going to reflect the sun light , this would keep that wall from being over powering ,,, make sure the color goes with the furniture , don't worry about the rug color , it can be covered with throw rugs ,,,I'm painting a bedroom.. but want to paint one wall a different color?
thank you ... I';m glad I was able to help .

Report Abuse



The accent wall should most likely be the most prominent wall that you see when you are standing in the doorway. So for sure, not either wall closest to the door.
usually the bigest wall is the accent wall,


but its your call. be creative %26amp; have fun.
It depends on why you want to paint one wall a different color. I did just such a thing in my bedroom, and the wall I chose was the wall that you see when you look straight ahead from the entry door to the bedroom. This is also the wall that the bed is centered on, and has a wall-mounted light above each side of the bed. There is also a recessed sink area on either side of that wall, so it gave the room a little more drama. I also placed a large wrought iron wall hanging on that wall to add to the emphasis.





Generally, you are looking for visual appeal to those entering the room, not those already in the room, so the first wall that you see is the natural focal point, and would be my choice for special treatment, such as a different color of paint, wallpaper, special decorations, etc.
why you angry?
It normally the one on back of beds
the wall supporting your most visually interesting furniture in front can be the one with the stand-out color. or the wall with the best moulding or architecture. have fun!
I am actually going to do this in my daughters room, I am going to do the two smaller walls one on each end a darker contrasting shade and the larger walls on either side the lighter color...so I would go with the two smaller spaces that face each other the darker of the two colors and then the larger walls that are opposite to each other the lighter color. If you only do one wall maybe do the one your bed is up against to make it the central focal point of the room.
I personally like to feature the wall the bed is on as the dramatic feature wall. Usually that is the wall you see when you walk into your room as well. That also gives you lots of options for creative headboards, hanging or wall mounted lamps and side dressers.
If it is for a bedroom, you should do the wall that the bed goes against.
It depends on what you want for the room, but generally I do the broadest wall. If it is a closed in room (like a bedroom) I would do the one, or one of the ones, you see as you walk in. So, if you are standing in the door way, you dont want to do the wall immediately to the left or right.





Thats just my opinion and what I tend to do when I paint (been updating a house we bought) Im by no means an interior decorator or anything.





Another thing if you arent sure, take pictures of them room and either use a paint program to color in the walls, or print it out on plain paper and color it in. Try everything til you think it looks right. It helps you visualize it in your room more.

No comments:

Post a Comment