Sunday, February 21, 2010

I started painting a bedroom in the my house. All was going well untill on wall the old paint was flaking.?

I started scraping, and the paint kept coming off till I scraped almost the whole wall. There are big areas that I couldn't scrap off, leaving a very uneven texture to the wall. I seems to much to sand down. Is there any other ways to loosen and scrap this paint, or is sanding it the only way?I started painting a bedroom in the my house. All was going well untill on wall the old paint was flaking.?
Hello Ozzy. Given what you just described, the best and only way to make this look decent again is to get a palm sander ( Home Depot has the Ryobi line,,,,runs about $20 new) with some 100 grit paper and sand down the areas you couldnt scrape till they are even. Get a gallon of KILZ II primer ( great for sealing and it also helps in preventing mold and mildew), give the wall two light coats, letting them dry between coats, and then your favorite latex paint. Yes, it is more labor intensive, but the prep work is what makes a job look best. Do it right the first time and it will look fantastic for years. I hope you can find this usefulI started painting a bedroom in the my house. All was going well untill on wall the old paint was flaking.?
i hope you are wearing a mask..that could be lead paint..there is stripper you can get at home depot or lowes...
  • windows live
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment