Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I determine widths for stripes I am painting on my wall?

I am painting vertical stripes on one wall in my bedroom. I already have a lighter base color on the wall. I am painting the stripes on in a darker shade. I want the stripes to be two different widths, the darker color being the wider stripe. If the 1st and last stripe (the corner stripes) are the darker color, and my wall is 136';, what widths can I use for each color?How do I determine widths for stripes I am painting on my wall?
You should be able to measure the wall, placing your stripes at 17'; on center. If evenly placed you will have a stripe in the center of the wall with two split darker stripes at the end of 1/2 the width of the rest. However, if you shift your first measurement by an additional 8.5'; then you will start with the light color and end with the dark, which would give you a center of the wall split with your striping.





If you choose to go with the center striping your measurements would look like this...


5.5


6


11


6


11


6


11


6


11


6


11


6


11


6


11


6


5.5


=


136





Please feel free to gather more inspiration from my website if you choose at http://www.coloradofauxpainting.com





Hope that helps.How do I determine widths for stripes I am painting on my wall?
That's totally up to you. I have also done this to my bedroom walls. My darker color width is 6 inches wide. Then 4 inches away I put another stipe. Only this stipe is 3 inches wide in a different color. I did this once on each of the 4 walls. Makes a nice offset to the color variations of my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment